Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I am a clone.

My worst fears were realized yesterday when I got stuck on the god end of a cloning debate. Fuck that shit. I am a strong agnostic leaning toward atheism and any non refutable argument that one can bring up from the anti cloning perspective is deeply rooted in religious theology.

I hate it when people bring god into an argument and I had to do it. The idea of god is not tangible, it is not empirical, and it is not valid. Any intelligent discussion can be immediately stupefied by the introduction of the 'god' argument. It turns any well rounded intellectual sparring into a moronic repeating dialog of 'Why? Because.'

Cloning is more real than god.
Social Repercussions are TBD.
Until then, go for it.

1 comment:

  1. Justin-
    your argument was transparent in that in was insincere, which I saw from the beginning. I will go on record to say that fundementalists of any kind make my skin crawl. However, Josh's point that we all might be connected (DNA) in the cosmos was an academic and scientific issue. Don't be ashamed to go from one extreme to another. It's called learning.

    ReplyDelete